Sunday, June 1, 2014

Day 21

What's going on everyone ! Today is day 21 for us on the trail ! It is crazy that it's been 3 weeks today since we started this epic journey. It's crazy how time flies out here on the trail. Last night we stayed at an awesome hostel named laughing heart lodge. We were going to do an easy day and head out after lunch but today was so perfect weather wise we decided to stay another night and take a full zero day to rest up. We have been hanging out with our friend voldamort and a couple new people. 

I will give everyone a lay out of what we did today lol it went like this. Woke up starving like always and went to local diner for some breakfast. Kayla ordered chicken biscuit, bacon and toast with apple butter. I had 2 eggs " sunny side up lol " toast and 2 big sides of curly fries ha. After we devoured all of that we went back to hostel. I went back to bed for a couple of hours and Kayla layed out with some girls in sun lol. After I woke up from lil nap I was hungry again so we went back to diner this time with voldamort and Kayla had a chicken salad with onion bloom and I had cheese burger with curly fries and also a chicken sandwich with curly fries lol our appetites are getting crazy. After that we walked around this little town and went into a few stores. The  outdoor outfitter has a scale so we weighed ourselfs. Daaa dummdaaadummmm drum roll please . Since the start of the trail I am down 15 pounds in 21 days and Kayla gained 4 pounds lol i bet none of you guys guessed those numbers . And actually those numbers are pretty common . Girls come onto trail with very little muscle so they lose weight but there legs beef up and also I noticed Kayla's arms got bigger from using trekking poles . She did lose a little fat but she had hardly any to lose . I see little abs poking through on her stomach . Guys on the other hand have excess muscle and fat to lose. I def noticed a huge loss I  my arms and chest and my stomach is also way down . It's scary to think what I will look like at end of trail. I eat all day everyday so maybe I will have to start eating more to slow weight loss down.

Another little note we had our trail names changed lol I am no longer "cap" my new name is "hobbit" and Kayla is no longer "legs" it is now "sugar shot" lol we have little stories for both of these lol.

But back to our day. We watched a big black sider attack a stink bug in the outfitter it was pretty sad but after that we walked back to hostel and have been here rest of night . We really enjoy the nice weather and just hanging out with people . and it's not like it's one type of person here on the trail . Today's group was a 70 year old   4 lesbians,a couple younger guys , a few hippes people ,our friend bandit and voldamort , 2 middle age people and one older guy from England . So it's not a single type out here it's all and everyone and that is best part of trail . We decided to stay tonight and just wake up early and start taming mountains again lol 

But that's it for today just hanging out and loving life . It's a beautiful thing . Miss everyone back home . It was good talking to friends and family today and we really love all the comments ,

it keeps us going ! Talk to you guys tomorrow 

Some of best curly fries ever 
Our room





4 comments:

  1. Hey maybe after all this you'll figure out what your natural weight will be. Love the stories about the trek. Even with all the "bad" parts of the trek, the good parts sound well worth it. I like the fact that there appear to be many helpful people, even mixed in with the rotten apples you ran across in the diner. Trek on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you have all the comforts of home? I think its a lot better then bug bites. Really its not bad. As always staying busy,mowing over and over. I forgot to tell you, its time to trim the goats (o: "just playing with you" I have to say, Gpa and I think you guys are doing wonderful!! But Daniel, I'm worried about you turning into a french fry.lol. Kayla,you look great! Keep it up, we're very proud of you, both of you! Stay safe, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When do you guys think you'll be passing through PA? I just looked at a map of the trail and I was jeeping in PA the other week and the campground I stayed at was only 5 min from the trail! My jeep club is going back sometime in August, if I knew for sure you guys might be in that area I might go and find you! Wouldn't that freak ya out seeing me coming down the trail at ya! lol Stay safe and oh Dan........Mmmm Angry Orchard.

    ReplyDelete