Friday, June 6, 2014

Day 26

Hey guys, bad news on feet. They seem to only have gotten worse since yestersay . I can barley walk on them. I have been doing research all day and where my pain is at.  The balls of feet and little in arch and heel it could be two things. I think it is either plantar fasciitis or megetasaglia or however you spell it. Both have similar treatment and biggest thing is extended time off feet with rest. I am so devastated! I was trying not to think about it last couple days and try and play it off as a small injury that would just go away after a few days but I think I'm realizing I am having a serious problem going on.  It sucks so  bad that this happening to Kayla and I.  Here we are having a time of our life's and it might have to be called off because of some stupid injury! We are unsure of our next move as of right now. We might give it another day off and see if I have any improvement but I don't know what's going to happen. If it something serious I will be forced to come off trail to rest up for a bit. I am really trying to stay positive about this but its hard we really are having a time of our life's and either of us want to come home just yet! We set out to thru hike and that is our goal. We do still have a couple options.  I could be wrong and I could heal up quick and stay on trail. I could come off for a bit and then do a south bound hike and start at other end and work our way back to here or maybe we can just try again another time. Kayla has been such a beast out here I know she could still go on without me but she doesn't want too.

Like I said I'm super down today I do not want to leave the trail.  I hate losing at anything and this strikes my ego.

We have had such great support from everyone following and I thought I should keep you updated on what's going on. Sorry for the bad news everyone.

We are hoping for the best

2 comments:

  1. I went through the same thing
    If your near a Walgreens or a CVS or even a large grocery store. Go to the AS SEEN ON T.V. section and see if they have an item called STRUTS
    It s an arch support
    They worked great for me till I got my orthotic. About $9.00
    You have to support that arch

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep us posted. Hopefully its something you can support and work through.

    ReplyDelete