Monday, May 12, 2014

Day 1

Hello everyone !!! Day 1 is the books !! We couldn't of asked for better starting weather 70s all day . A storm is coming in right now though . Let's hope we stay dry tonight . I (Dan) got my trail name today. For friends and family who don't know every thru hiker has a trail name .its like a nick name they go by. I will tell you how I received mine . We stopped to filter some water and being newbies to this all thru hiking thing we are bound to make some fun mistakes . Lol wellll Kayla (trail name legs because she has the sexy legs I ever layed eyes on) dropped her cap to her water bottle into fast moving river and away it went . Me being Indian jones I ran done the river bank after it . I saw a rock 2 ft of bank and jumped on it..the cap came right on by me. I bent over and snagged it and as soon as I had it in my hand my pack weight shifted over my head as I was bent over and BOOM face down in the river I went . Went I came out of water Kayla (legs) was dieing laughing and she didn't ask if I was ok she asked if I had the cap lol which I still did !!!! So that is how I recived my trail name . Also we hiked 14.4 miles and not going to lie we are beat . It was all up and down . But over All it was an amazing first day . It hasn't hit us yet that we are starting thru hike and this is life for next 5 months. But stay tuned we will try and post everyday we are going to bed now miss and love you guys. 


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations guys day 1 is in the history books as well as lesson 1, more days and lessons to come!!! Sounds like a great day especially for BOOM's...LOL Thanks for saving Kayla's cap!!!! Love you both

    ReplyDelete
  2. 14..4 miles? That's it?! Weak sauce toy guys need to push it! Haha love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. im glad u guys are taking on this challenege, growing stronger both individually and as a couple. the memories u gain over the next 5 months will be the stories u tell ur children, so enjoy it, embrace it, and write it all down!!!

    ReplyDelete