Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Day 2

Hello everyone Legs and i are just settling down for night in tent.  Its been another wonderful day. Weather was perfect today. Last night a thunder storm rolled in.  I slept like a baby haha we didn't get rained on though.  I can't get over how everyone we meet on the trail is.  Think of the nicest person you know and that's how everyone is.  Everyone here has such a great appreciation for life its amazing. It still hasn't hit us yet that we are hiking 2184 miles at once.  Today we did
13.8 miles and let me tell you we are sore Lol I can speak for myself my legs never been this sore and that funny part is when we start tomorrow we have to climb a mountain named blood mountain and its elevation is 4461 Lol we are going to be sweating tomorrow Lol.  But I wanna touch again about the people on trail tonight is second night we camped with another couple Chuck and Carrie their trail name is c& . I can't say enough how awesome they are.  They been hiking for 30 years. They live in Alaska and they are just down here doing a 5 day hike on trail.  They both are endless knowledge when it comes to anything outdoor. We learned so much from them. They even cooked us dinner tonight.  This trail is truley something special. If you didn't read post from earlier we came  acrossed rattlesnake sun bathing.  I think it was eastern diamond back rattlesnake . he was stubborn and didn't move for 30 mins. I did everything I could to get him to move.  Being so remote out here  I didn't try pick him up..wanted to but Kayla talked me out of it.  It was badass seeing a rattlesnake out here in its element. Another highlight of day beside awesome company at camp was one view we had . I will post pic below .it made the hike worth it when we got to the top. For family and friends I'm trying to save battery. I got all your texts but I'm going to hold on calling and texting back till I get in a town.  Love you guys we are going to bed now.. How to tame a mountain in the morning!! 

1 comment: